Okidata ML Printers
Recommended Impact Printers
Lot Wizard impact-printer forms are designed to work with any dot-matrix printer. However, it performs best with Okidata printers. Specifically, our system aligns pre-printed forms most accurately with the following dot-matrix printers:
- Okidata ML 320 Turbo
- Okidata ML 321 Turbo
- Okidata ML 420 Turbo
Visit our YouTube Channel for more information on setting up your printer to work with Lot Wizard Pro.
How To Set Up Your Printer
Adjust the printer to your paper size
- Paper Guides (1) – Set left guide to 1/16″ from the right guide stop. Adjust the right guide to fit paper.
- Position Paper Lever (3) to location labeled “top”. This is the middle position.
- On-Off Switch (4) – Power “on”.
- Control Panel (6) – Lot Wizard will automatically override the Print Quality and Character Pitch (no action needed)
View your current factory settings
- Load plain paper into printer.
- Select (in this order) SHIFT(5) + SEL(1) on the control panel. (The printer enters Menu Mode).
- Load a plain sheet of paper and select PRINT to view all current settings. Settings print in three columns:
Moving through the menu
- When the printer is in Menu Mode you can move forward or backward through the menu
- To move forward press GROUP, ITEM, or SET, whichever is appropriate.
- To move backward press and hold SHIFT, then GROUP, ITEM, or SET.
Use the front panel keys to change the default settings for the printer parameters. These changes save automatically upon exiting the mode.
- GROUP to print (skip to) the next group (with SHIFT key, prints previous group)
- ITEM to print (select) the next setting (with SHIFT key, prints previous item)
- SET to change the setting
Update the following four (4) settings to match (using the instructions above):
- Printer Control – Emulation Mode – IBM PPR
- Top Feed – Bottom Margin – Invalid
- Set-up – Paper Out Override – Yes
- Set-up – Auto Select – Yes (optional)
The drivers we recommend all come with Windows and require no discs or downloads. Try the drivers in the order they are listed below.
Windows 10 and Windows 8
- Okidata /D (IBM) driver This driver is listed under the manufacturer “Okidata”. It will be named to correspond with your particular printer. For example, Okidata LM 320 Turbo/D (IBM).
- Generic IBM Graphics 9 pin This driver is listed under the manufacturer “Generic” on the Printer Driver Selection menu.
Connect printer for pre-preprinted forms
- In Lot Wizard, select File from the menu bar
- Select Default Forms Printer
- Choose your Okidata Printer
Default Report Printer refers to the printer you’ll use for PDF forms or reports