Recommended Printer Settings for the Okidata 320/321 Turbo
This page describes optimal settings for Okidata 320/420 and 321/421 Turbo printers (click here for discontinued non-turbo printers). The Lot Wizard dealer software can use virtually any dot-matrix printer to print state forms, bank contracts, odometer disclosures, insurance agreements, buyers guides, and other multi-part or carbon copy car deal forms. We recommend the Okidata printers only because we have used them exclusively in our office for years.
The drivers we recommend all come with Windows and require no discs or downloads. Please try the drivers in the order they are listed below.
Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7
- Okidata /D (IBM) driver This driver is listed under the manufacturer “Okidata.” It will be named to correspond with your particular printer. For example, Okidata ML 320 Turbo/D (IBM).
- Generic IBM Graphics 9pin This driver is listed under the manufacturer “Generic” on the Printer Driver Selection menu.
- Epson ® FX (ESC/P)
- IBM ® Proprinter III (PPSII) Choose this one
- OKIDATA ® MICROLINE Standard
- Make sure paper is loaded.
- Press SHIFT + SEL. The printer enters the Menu Mode.
- Press LF. The following line prints:
Printer Control Emulation Mode IBM PPR
- Press TEAR consecutively until the emulation you wish to select prints in the right-hand column.
- Press SHIFT + SEL to save your setting and exit the Menu Mode.
Moving Through the Menu
- When the printer is in Menu Mode, you can move forward or backwards through the menu.
- To move forward, press GROUP, ITEM, or SET whichever is appropriate.
- To move backward, press and hold SHIFT, then GROUP, ITEM, or SET, whichever is appropriate.
You use the front panel keys to change the defaults for the printer parameters. The changes you make in the Menu Mode are automatically saved when you exit the Menu Mode and are retained, even when you turn the printer off.
- GROUP: Prints the next Group in the Menu. With the SHIFT key, prints the previous Group.
- ITEM: Prints next Item in the Group. With the SHIFT key, prints previous Item in the Group.
- SET: Prints next Setting for an Item. With the SHIFT key, prints previous Setting for an Item.
- PRINT: Prints a copy of all the Menu settings. With the SHIFT key, prints the current settings for the Group selected.
- MENU light: Glows when the printer is in the Menu Mode.
Below is a sample listing of the printer settings list that prints when the PRINT button is pressed in MENU mode.